Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hi Skillet and my millions of other readers....


I checked out my "comments" and Skillet popped in for another lookey-loo at the ole blog. She had this to ask me--

so are you a snake handler now or some shit?

That makes me laugh a little bit. Nope, I am not a snake handler....at least not in the traditional sense. Here is the story.......

Not long ago, on Easter weekend, my Sweetie and I loaded up in the car and headed down to Wichita, KS to hang out with Shawn and Sparky for the wknd. I had taken the initiative of looking up what was happening in Wichita on the weekend, and lo and behold, I came across a listing of a show by some dude called "The Voodoo Organist".....I checked out his website and got intrigued, especially as his new album is called "The Serpent Dance"....I releated this info to Shawn and he said "Oh, we are so gonna be there".....

Come the day of the show, Sparky comes up with the idea of getting some rubber snakes to take to the show so we can do our own wacky Serpent Dance while the show is happening....the rest of us decide this is a super idea and we roll around town trying to find rubber serpents.....apparently they are not as popular as they once were, as Toys R Us didn't even have a rubber serpent aisle.............if you can believe that. Anyway, we finally scored some low quality serpents at the unholiest of all outlets.....the Wal Mart......we did a lil' bit of serpent dancing in the store, and the locals there were not really amused....(they were a bit scared if you ask me)...

Anyway, we went to the show, danced with serpents, and had a wicked good time.

Here is the song that inspired it all........check it out....and the pic is of the Mighty Voodoo Organist himself.

http://voodooorganist.com/audio/Serpent/The%20Serpent%20Dance.mp3

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HHAHAAH that sounds like some fun snake handlin times! but if you say wicked or hella ever again... dunno what I will do but it's gonna be bad

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and hey .. who is ur sweety.. post some pics.. preferrably naked.. thanks

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home